Eastman vzw respects your privacy. In this privacy statement we give clear and transparent information on how we handle your personal data. Whenever you provide personal data, Eastman will handle it according to the policy set out in the text below, which complies with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) from May 25th 2018.
Eastman is a data manager (a person who is responsible for the processing of your personal data) in regard to all data that Eastman receives and collects when you use our services.
1 - How do we collect your data?
Your personal data can be collected via various channels. From you directly:
• When you contact us through the addresses on the contact webpage
• When you purchase an item from our webshop
• When you apply or register for an educational activity
• When you send an open application for a job within the company
2 - Which information do we collect?
• Contact details: Eastman collects the contact details that you provide yourself.
• Social media: The information that you share on one of Eastman’s social media channels is collected through that platform. If you post information online, you can not violate the rights of others. It also means that others can use your information, tag it and/or repost in unexpected ways (sometimes illegitimate). Eastman can use or repost any information that you post online on the website or social media channels of Eastman.
3 - Why do we collect your data? And on what legal basis?
Eastman uses the collected data for the following purposes, out of legitimate interest:
• To provide you with service information, send personalised invitations, job alerts and press releases
• For practical communications about educational activities that you registered for
• To deliver purchases from our webshop
• To improve the quality of our services
Eastman uses the collected data for the following purposes, out of legal obligation:
• To detect fraud and other infringements of the law
• For safety purposes concerning Eastman, the employees, spectators, third parties and properties involved
Eastman does not conserve personal data longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was provided or is required by law.
4 - What choices can you make about how we use your data?
When you contact Eastman, purchase something from the website or register for an educational activity, we ask for your consent to collect your personal data. You retain the right to look into, to correct or to remove the personal data that you shared with us. Please contact us directly if that is the case (see 10 - Questions or complaints).
5 - Sharing your data with third parties
Certain personal data may be passed on to third parties, which enables us to carry out the reasons for data processing as mentioned above. We never pass on data to third parties with whom we did not establish an agreement. Third parties include:
• Co-producers and artistic collaborators
• Government institutions: when permitted by law, we may also share information requested by a government institution or authority to protect or enforce our rights or the rights of a partner, or to detect and prevent fraud and other crimes.
• A company successor: when permitted by law, we may provide your information to a successor to use it for purposes that are consistent with this privacy statement - and we may also provide this information to a potential successor - but only if we have taken the necessary steps to ensure that the security and confidentiality of the information remains guaranteed.
• Other third parties: like the website and email administration. Eastman enters a processing agreement with the processors that is in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of 25 May 2018. This way we know whether they are GDPR compliant.
6 - Data of children and youngsters
The shows, activities and website of Eastman are accessible to young people. Eastman does not consciously collect information from children and youngsters. If you are a parent or legal guardian and you think your child has provided us with information, do not hesitate to contact us.
7 - Which safety measures are used?
Eastman is committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us. We adopt robust and appropriate technologies and policies, so the information we have about you is protected from unauthorised access and improper use. The security measures Eastman uses, depend on the nature of the collected information. However, the internet is not 100% secure. Eastman cannot promise that our website is completely secure. We advise to be careful when using the internet.
8 - Links to websites of third parties
On the Eastman website you can find links that lead to websites that we do not manage. The privacy statement that you are reading now does not apply to the websites described. Read the privacy statements of that specific website carefully, that is your responsibility.
9 - Cookies
Eastman uses the following types of cookies:
• Essential cookies (Session cookies): This first-party cookie is essential for the navigation of the site and is strictly necessary for the delivery of a service explicitly requested by the user.
• Performance and functionality cookies: These third-party cookies are used to collect information about the usage of the website to improve the content of the website and to increase user-friendliness. Cookies for social purposes enable internet users to share the content of the website on social networks.
If you do not want to allow all types of cookies, you can change the settings in your browser. For more information, we refer you to the Help menu of your Internet browser. If you change the settings and block cookies, the full functionality of our website will no longer be available and you may be unable to use it to the best of its ability.
10 - Questions or complaints
Please take contact with us.
Jan Van Rijswijcklaan 155
You have the right to file a complaint with the Privacy Commission, this is the supervisory authority in the field of privacy protection.
Eastman vzw - enterprise number BE0806691293